Skip to content
NetGalley – Your Digital Undertaker is now available for review purposes on NetGalley.com for 30 days. Click to Download
PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, INTERVIEWS & ARTICLES
- PINNED INTERVIEW Pinned July 2019 (Amanda Lang): With Facebook’s announcement of their future digital currency Libra, Amanda Lang invited me to join her on Exponential to discuss the impact of digital assets on estate planning and what we need to know. Aired on Newstalk 1290, CJAD800, Newstalk 610, Bloomberg 1410, Newstalk 1010 and The Exponential Podcast. Click to Listen
- ARTICLE Aug 2019 (WealthManagement.com): WealthManagement.com/Wealth planning /Estate Planning Article: Are We Approaching Estate2K for Digital Assets? Three factors on which estate planners need to focus as planners are about to experience their own version of Y2K. Read Article
- INTERVIEW Aug 2019 (Jim Blasingame): “The digital, cyber and crypto aspect to your financial planning – retirement and death planning must now include your digital, cyber and crypto universe” And “Using technology to plan for the end of your life”. Interview with Jim Blasingame, The Small Business Advocate. Click to Listen
- NEWS Aug 2019 (Ben Sherick): “Digital assets important estate planning consideration” as reported in AirdrieTODAY.com Click to Listen
- ARTICLE July 2019 (STEP Journal): Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Journal Article. Shelley Rhoads Perry and Sharon Hartung, “Bolster Your Digital Armoury”, STEP Journal (Vol27 Iss6), p.50,51. Read Article
- NEWS July 2019 (Launch of Podcast/FREE Audio book excerpts): Your Digital Undertaker Podcast is now available on Apple, Castbox, Google, iHeart Radio, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Spreaker and YouTube. Read More
- INTERVIEW July 2019 (Joanna Palvino): Estate Planning of our Digital and Non-Digital Lives is a cross generational and cross border conversation. Interview with Joanna Palvino of Seniors Rock Radio Show & Podcast (Rochester, NY), which aired on WYSL Radio (1040AM, 92.1FM & 95.5FM) Click to Listen
- INTERVIEW June 2019 (Marc Patrone): How do you go about including one’s digital estate into one’s Will? Interview with Marc Patrone on his Morning Show on News Talk Sauga 960am, live on-air radio, Mississauga (Ontario) Read More
- INTERVIEW June 2019 (Steve Grzanich): How Do You Prepare Your Digital Assets Before You Die? Interview with Steve Grzanich of Chicago’s WGN Radio 720 – The Opening Bell. Interview starts at 5:30. Click to Listen
- ARTICLE May 2019 (STEP Journal): Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Journal Article. Sharon Hartung, “The digital tsunami”, STEP Journal (Vol27 Iss4), p.41. Read Article. Join the STEP Digital Assets Special Interest Group (SIG), you do not need to be a STEP member to join. Click to join
- SPEAKING May 2019 (RBC WMS): Royal Bank Wealth Management Services (WMS) Annual Spring Conference. Your Digital Undertaker – Estate Planning in the Digital Age with 3 Client Conversations, What Wealth Planners need to know about digital assets and the implication for estate administration.
- SPEAKING May 2019 (Northwind Professional Institute): Northwind Professional Institute’s 2nd Annual High Net Worth Invitational Forum>. Panel Session: Digital Assets and Estate Planning in the Digital Age.
- SPEAKING Apr 2019 (Advice Only Planners & Spring Financial Planning): The Financial Planning Forum of Advice Only Planners member’ event. What should a financial planner know about digital assets / the digital age and its impact on a client’s financial and estate plans? – Read More
- INTERVIEW Mar 2019 (Bruce Sellery): Bruce Sellery of Moolala talks with Sharon about “Why our digital lives should be part of our estate plans & how you can prepare for death in a society dominated by technology.” CanadaTalks, Sirius XM Ch. 167 Interview date Mar 12, 2019. Jump to 42:00 – Click to Listen
- SPEAKING Mar 2019 (End of Life Doula Association of Canada): End of Life Doula Association of Canada member’s event. Estates in the Digital Age – Applying Project Management to the Deathcare and Estate Industry. A step-by-step walkthrough of the project management checklist in Your Digital Undertaker as it pertains to end of life care and pre-planning.
- SPEAKING Dec 2018 (STEP Global): Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Global Spotlight event for the Digital Assets Special Interest Group (SIG), London UK, Speaker and Panel, “Estates in the Digital Age: Three Client Conversations”.
- ARTICLE Nov 2018 (The Globe and Mail): Featured in The Globe and Mail, “Estate Planning is for Everyone”, Nov 5th, 2018 – Read More
- SPEAKING Oct 2018 (ECF & Canadian Bar Association): Joint ECF Edmonton Community Foundation / The Canadian Bar Association event. “Estates in the Digital World – Crypto What?, Digital Who?”
- SPEAKING May 2018 (STEP Canada): STEP Vancouver event. “Estates in the Digital Age”
- SPEAKING Nov 2017 (STEP Global): STEP Global Spotlight event (Digital Assets SIG), London UK, Panel, “Introduction to Digital Assets and the Issues they Present for Estate Planning and Administration” – ‘Mr. Privacy Scenario Trusts and Social Media’.